Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Robbing the thrift store...

Let me start from the beginning of this story.
Sister had something I REALLY needed for my house...a treasure in fact and in a moment of weakness I traded most of my Pyrex collection and 2 really amazing sets of 50's salt and peper shakers for this treasure.
So, I believe fate felt for me, for being taken advantage of in such a way...and placed a whole new Pyrex collection in my path and threw in 7 Fire king ramekins for my troubles.
Seriously, the bowels are in perfect condition 4 of which have the glass lids. And those ramekins...dont get me started, so cute.

9 comments:

sarah marie. said...

you realize i REALLY regret giving you those green glasses right? what was i thinking..

Lesley said...

You hit the jackpot! I feel like thrift stores here are so picked over here in UT and I rarely find any treasures when I go. Maybe I need to go with you and my luck will change :)

Tiffany said...

Fabulous finds, Ann! Fate dealt you a great hand! My mom actually gave me some adorable pyrex dishes (with the glass lids) that she found at that thrift store here in YC on bridge street....she said I was easy to shop for :)

Janaan said...

Love it! I recently found a set of three matching pyrex in almost new condition and about died. Lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

you lucky dog...I swear you are the best and luckiest thrifter I have ever met!

Let's go shopping...

Christian T said...

I love, love, love vintage Pyrex! I only have a few pieces, but they are all in excellent shape! I even have two small square ones with glass lids and one large square one with a glass lid! My mother in law has a set she got for her wedding that I keep trying to take, but she won't give it to me! :(

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

i'm a friend of amy dover's from seattle (and i'm a twin) anyways... i too covet pyrex and have some great finds and i also have your pink (sugar, flour, tea, coffee) canisters in turquoise. i have never seen anyone with them so i had to comment. i love your collection. perfection.